Over the past few weeks I sampled a bunch of stuff at the Amber Cafe in Mountain View. Here is the run-down:
I sampled 5 different wraps. For each order, you get two small wraps in a thin paratha bread.
My two favorite wraps:
- Malai Methi Chicken wrap: The fenugreek gives it an interesting flavor.
- Awadhi Lamb Kebab: It has a really intense lamb flavor.
I also recommend:
- Salmon Tawa Masala wrap
- Bombay Lamb Frankie wrap
- Kathi Roll wrap
I also tried some of the non-wrap items, and I don't recommend any of them:
- Amritsari Fish Fry: The spices add heat, but no flavor. Also a bit dry.
- Amber Chicken Wings: They are char-broiled, but without any spices, so it's rather boring.
- Chicken '65 Pizza: The spices add mostly heat, with not much flavor.
- Tandoori Shrimps: They have a very light dusting of spices, and come out really bland.
I did not sample any of the chaat specialties.
So, in summary: I highly recommend the wraps.