Several changes went out in today's release, and the most noticeable are related to Profile. Here are the details:
1) As a logged in user, if you navigate to your own profile page, the default landing page will be called "My Followed Discussions." Here you will see a list of all discussions that you are following, which is private to you.
a) If you participate in a discussion, it will automatically be added to "My Followed Discussions"
b) If you don't participate in a discussion, you can still add it to your "My Followed Discussions"
c) If you no longer want to follow a discussion, you can remove it from your "My Followed Discussions"
2) As of right now, you'll see that "My Followed Discussions" is populated with all of the discussions you've ever participated in, plus all of the discussions you've ever saved. The star that was being used for saving discussions is now being used to follow discussions.
3) Email Notifications, if you choose to have them on, will be based on "My Followed Discussions" which means that you can get email notifications about discussions you are interested in (but haven't participated in), or you can stop getting emails about discussions you are no longer interested in. You can control whether or not you receive email notifications in your settings (this is the same as it has been).
4) Navigation for Profile pages on desktop has changed. On desktop and tablets, you will see buttons that let you navigate between the different parts of profile. On your own profile, you have access to 6 pages: My Followed Discussions, Reading List, All Discussions, Posts, Photos, and Saved Recipes. If you look at anyone else's profile, you'll only see the four public pages: All Discussions, Posts, Photos, and Saved Recipes.
5) Navigation for Profile pages on mobile devices has also changed. From any profile page, you can click the heading which launches a dropdown, and from this dropdown you can navigate to different sections of profile.
6) On your Settings Page, you'll notice similar new navigation systems (both on mobile and desktop).
7) There is no longer a way to "Save" a discussion, since our new Following feature replaces this. Your "My Followed Discussions" currently incorporates all discussions you've ever participated in, PLUS your previously saved discussions. However, if you still want to access the page that contains only your previously saved discussions,it is still available by following this url: http://www.chow.com/profile/#####/fav... (insert your profile number where you see the #####). We are only going to keep this page up for 1 or 2 weeks, so if you want to use other software or your browser to bookmark these discussions for future reference, you should do that now. Of course, unless you decide to unfollow them, they will always be a part of "My Followed Discussions."
8) A permalink feature is now available on mobile: if you click the date of a post, your browser will navigate to that specific link, which will allow you to share a specific post or bookmark it.
I think that's the bulk of what's being released today. As usual, if you notice any bugs, feel free to report them here. If you have any questions, we will do our best to answer them. We're hoping this new functionality makes things more clear for all users, and also adds a functionality that some users have wanted for many years.
That's all for now,