Hi! My fiancé and I are starting to look at kitchen stuff for our wedding register.
We love the idea of copper pots and LeCruset. After years of peely Teflon bottoms and hand-me-down oil-burn-stained alu, it sounds like copper is a great plan. However, I'm not sure where to start. I don't want to put pots on the list which cost the earth either.
Generally we cook fairly basic stuff. But the more we cook the more we love it, so we're thinking long-term for our kitchen ware. We would like stuff that will last a long time and give us great results as our recipes become more complicated! Also, copper looks gorgeous and warm!
So I have a few questions to which any answers would be greatly appreciated:
1.could anyone let me know whether they think the copper pots from this set would be good please? Or does the triply render the copper ineffective?
2.I've read, on other threads, that pure copper with tin or steel lining is better. I'd be worried about messing up the tin by overheating. So would steel be beter? Where would we find that in the uk?
3. Also, would LeCruset be better for casseroles than the pot from the range above? What applications should we use LeCruset for over copper(or other) pots?
4. Except polishing the outside of copper pots for shine (which I'm not sure we'd do because we quite like the rustic look), what upkeep of copper pots is there?
5. Will copper pots do a similar job wrt no sticking as new alu with Teflon pots?
I generally cook with rape seed oil as it has a much higher smoke temperature than olive oil, and it has nice nutty taste and more omega 3 as a bonus! I think that is causing the burns on my old alu pots. Is cooking at higher temperatures an issue for sticking or burning with copper pots? (Hope that doesn't sound too ignorant!)
6. Will using copper pots for frying in butter help me not burn the butter?!
7. Is there a recommendation for utensils for use with copper pots?
Any help/advice appreciated!!
Updated 2 months ago | 10
Updated 2 months ago | 69
Updated 3 months ago | 2
Updated 2 months ago | 61
Updated 1 month ago | 16