This creamy pasta dish, loaded with sun dried tomatoes and cheese looks and tastes simply amazing.
Servings: 4 Total time: 25 min Prep time: 15 min Cook time: 10 min
300 g rigatoni or fusilli
500 g shrimp, peeled and deveined (defrosted if frozen)
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
2 tbs olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 cup heavy cream
½ cup chicken stock
½ cup red wine
½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 tbs tomato paste
1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
1. Cook pasta according to package directions in lots of boiling water until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, season the shrimp with salt and pepper, add to the pan with olive oil heated over medium-high heat. Sauté until just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside in a large bowl to cool slightly.
3. Remove any hard parts from the shrimp (tails).
4. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes, until softened. Remove and set aside in the bowl with the shrimp and cover.
5. Reduce the heat to medium. Stir in the cream, chicken stock, wine, sun-dried tomatoes, and tomato paste. Bring the sauce to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes until the liquid has thickened and reduced by half. Return the shrimp mixture to the skillet and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes more.
6. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the cooked and drained pasta directly to the skillet, along with the feta, parsley, and half the basil. Toss everything together until the cheese begins to melt and the pasta is glossy with sauce.
Place in bowls and garnish with the remaining basil and the scallion greens.
by Jen Wheeler | It's fall, which means its time to pay tribute to that iconic mascot of the season. As a food, as...
by Pamela Vachon | These healthy fall salad recipes will keep you eating well all autumn, and cast your favorite fall...
by Jen Wheeler | Never underestimate the power of a one pot meal (or one pan, as the case may be). This easy sheet...