I'm coming to town for a conference soon at the riverfront Hyatt. At last year's conference, I was very rushed and didn't have the leisure to sample the town's food genius properly.
Here are a few questions.
1) Is there any decent coffee around the Hyatt, or am I sentenced to Starbucks swill?
2) Are there any good restaurants in the $20-$25 range in the area?
3) What about Wicker Park? I've heard it's a great are--what are the must-haves out there?
4) Beyond C Trotter, which I can't afford, and Frontera Grill, which I've been to and loved, what are the restaurants most worh seeking out? Will I need to make a reservation for Frontera? (I'll be there in about 2 weeks.)
5) What about coffee houses? The coffee scene in NY is bleak. Is there any great space that roasts its own coffee?
6) what's the best local beer, and where do I find it retail, particularly close to the hotel?
7) I remember heading north up Clark used to mean finding all sorts of great ethnic eats. Still true?
Updated 20 days ago | 17
Updated 26 days ago | 13
Updated 1 day ago | 26
Updated 26 days ago | 15
Updated 7 days ago | 89