I want to have a dinner party and serve several courses (plated) and wines with each course. I haven't done a proper dinner party in a while and I'm wondering what the heck I used to make! There will be 10 people so I am going with pork tenderloin over beef because it's a little cheaper. I will double check but I think everyone is ok with seafood.
Hors D. - I want to keep it light. Olives and nuts. Slices of cucumber with dilled cream cheese and a slice of lox on top. Champagne. I'd like to do something a little fancier but I want it to be light and can't think of anything.
Appetizer - Seafood crepes with tomato coulis. White wine (still to choose the variety)
Salad - Avocado and grapefruit salad on a bed of greens. White wine (still to choose the variety)
Main - Pork Tenderloin with mustard sauce and caramelized apples
- I don't love potatoes but I think it matches best with the main so a potato flan with caramelized onion and gruyere (boring?)
- sauted zucchini and carrots sticks (sliced pencil sized) with snow peas
- I'd like to switch to red wine - maybe a cabernet
Dessert - cheese plate and fresh berries
- super rich flourless chocolate cake
- the only thing I am really sure of on this menu is the dessert. I'm for sure not changing my mind on this.
I would love some suggestions if anyone has a knock-me-over fantastic signature dish they would like to share. Nothing too challenging please.
Updated 1 year ago | 1
Updated 1 year ago | 23
Updated 4 months ago | 6
Updated 3 months ago | 1
Updated 4 months ago | 7