Just came back from a lunch at Mako. Delicious! The food here is top-notch (WAY better than Orris, IMO). Four of us had:
- Bento box of chicken, seared tuna, hamachi sashimi, Wagyu meatballs (unreal), grilled seafood salad (a bit tough/overcooked), sea bass saikyo (awesome) and smoked salmon with creme fraiche
- Pesto basmati rice with pinenuts
- Szechwan green beans (reliably good)
- Crispy calamari salad
- Pork ribs (wow, a bit salty but delicious)
- Tuna and crab with cucumber and avocado (basically a crab sunomono)
We were too stuffed for dessert. Total was $95 (including tax) ... decent price for such decadent food.
It's reasonably close to where I work (West Los Angeles) so it would be a great "long lunch" place.
225 Beverly Blvd.
Updated 3 hours ago | 11
Updated 5 days ago | 26
Updated 3 days ago | 44
Updated 5 days ago | 20
Updated 10 days ago | 25