I'll be visiting London for the first time in the 2nd week of November from Saturday - Tuesday. So I'll need to account for about 10 meals? I'll be heading to all the usual tourist sites (London Eye, Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, Parliament, West End for a play) so stuff near there would be preferred, or stuff that is a short tube ride away.
I'll mostly be eating alone and I've grown up in the NYC/Philly/DC area so been pretty spoiled with food options, I'm not averse to any foods, and I'm looking to spend no more than 35 pounds on a meal (not including drinks).
Here's what I've got so far
- Gordon Ramsay's Maze based on recs here
- Indian -- I've seen Tayyabs and Lahore Kebab House rec'd
- Gastropub -- St John's in Archway? Abingdon-54 in Kensington?
- Afternoon tea???
- Fish n chips -- lots of recs for Master's Superfish
- Pubs I should eat at (more interested in food than drink)??
- Other British musts -- ??
Stuff I haven't really looked into but would always eat if good:
- Chinese? Min Jiang?
- Japanese? Kikuchi?
Appreciate any help you could give me or any other posts that would be good to take a look at! THANKS!!