Live your best food life.

Sign up to discover your next favorite restaurant, recipe, or cookbook in the largest community of knowledgeable food enthusiasts.
Sign Up For Free
Restaurants & Bars


RFGS | Nov 5, 2002 05:23 PM

Several pages ago, someone made mention of the fact (or factoid) that real Thai places don't use broccoli in pad see yew but use "karang". I've been offered pad see yew in fairly gringo-ish places (Ocha, for instance) with a choice of "broccoli or chinese broccoli", which latter, generally, appears to be what my local market calls "gai lan". Is this different from "karang", or the same thing transliterated twice? If "karang" is different, where can I get it?


Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound