Funny how things have changed in just a few weeks! 20 weeks ago, hubby and I were really excited to receive our very first box of CSA produce. 20 weeks later we are so happy that it is finally over. Are we the only ones to feel this way about CSA?
We decided to sign up for CSA for the following reasons:
- "force" ourselves to eat more vegetables
- we expect the CSA stuff to be much more fresh than the store bought stuff and hence taste better
- we expect to find more varieties than what's available in the store
- we like the idea of being "surprised" every week
What makes us decide to divorce CSA:
- while the vegetables we receive are fresh, they don't necessarily taste good - we are particularly disappointed by the tomatoes that don't have a good tomato taste and corn that are not sweet
- although we did get a varieties of vegetables in every box, the varieties we receive every week stay the same for most part
- it's not uncommon to receive vegetables that we ourselves would not pick up in the store (e.g. brussel sprouts that are as small as grapes and corn that comes with worms)
Although we do like those who are involved in CSA and how they do business - they are honest about what we can expect to find in the box every week, our CSA honeymoon ended sooner than we had expected - and we are glad that we've only made a 20-week commitment, not a lifetime one...
Updated 2 years ago | 2
Updated 2 years ago | 37
Updated 1 year ago | 2
Updated 1 year ago | 1
Updated 2 years ago | 6