I throw an annual holiday cocktail party for my friends/colleagues and their spouses. I do all the cooking and this year we're expecting about 60 people. I was wondering if i could get a critique of the menu because i'm just not sure about it.
- beef tenderloin with chimichurri;
- shrimp with cocktail sauce;
- goat cheese stuffed peppadews;
- bacon- wrapped dates;
- stuffed mushrooms;
- cheese/sausage plate;
- smoky eggplant dip, muhamara, and whipped feta dip, served with veggies and pita chips;
- sweet/spicy nuts;
- buffalo chicken dip (not necessarily my preference, but husband loves it);
- puff pastry tartlets with caramelized onions, goat cheese, and fig jam.
I was also considering making pretzels and having a few mustard for dipping. Dessert is ready, as we always have M&Ms.
Thoughts? I've been throwing this party for several years, but for some reason I'm having a lot of menu doubt this year. Appreciate your thoughts! Also, feel free to include your favorite holiday tunes.
by Greg Stegeman | Barbecue sauce is a blanket term that doesn't necessarily do justice to all the regional styles of...
by Joey Skladany | As a self-proclaimed sauce connoisseur and fan of barbecue varieties specifically, I was more than...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.