I throw an annual holiday cocktail party for my friends/colleagues and their spouses. I do all the cooking and this year we're expecting about 60 people. I was wondering if i could get a critique of the menu because i'm just not sure about it.
- beef tenderloin with chimichurri;
- shrimp with cocktail sauce;
- goat cheese stuffed peppadews;
- bacon- wrapped dates;
- stuffed mushrooms;
- cheese/sausage plate;
- smoky eggplant dip, muhamara, and whipped feta dip, served with veggies and pita chips;
- sweet/spicy nuts;
- buffalo chicken dip (not necessarily my preference, but husband loves it);
- puff pastry tartlets with caramelized onions, goat cheese, and fig jam.
I was also considering making pretzels and having a few mustard for dipping. Dessert is ready, as we always have M&Ms.
Thoughts? I've been throwing this party for several years, but for some reason I'm having a lot of menu doubt this year. Appreciate your thoughts! Also, feel free to include your favorite holiday tunes.
by Jessica Merritt | If you’re ready to break out of quarantine for some sunshine and relaxation, a picnic might sound...
by David Klein | Whether you’re looking to enhance your backyard BBQ game, beef up your next tailgate (keep the faith...
by Dan Koday | Unbreakable glasses, plates, and other stylish and shatterproof dinnerware is just what you need for...
by Simone Paget | Coolers have come a long way in the last few decades. Find a stylish cooler that fits your aesthetic...