The Big Game Sweepstakes: You Could Win* This LG 65-inch OLED TV and More! Enter the Giveaway

Follow us:

Cookware 16

Name that cookware item

lcerva | Feb 11, 201806:46 AM


So, I cooked paella on stove top for the first time. It came pretty good. Only problem is it formed a thick layer of burnt rice on the bottom. I believe that’s because of prolonged exposure to open flame. So my theory is if I stick a hunk of metal between the pan and the flame that I will not get so much burn on the bottom of the pan. So, I’ve seen something like this before on amazon. I just can’t put the name to the item. What do you call a piece of cookware that you put between the pan and the flame. Some sort of large circular metal disk? Any help and recommendations is appreciated.


Want to stay up to date with this post? Sign Up Now ›

Recommended from Chowhound

Catch up on the latest activity across all community discussions.
View latest discussions