I've posted a few times this week about my new stainless steel pans (and asked for tons of advice) and now i'm back again! I've been good and haven't opened the box just yet because i wanted to wait for the weekend... now i'm ready to get started!
Before i do... i've got a few questions...
1) Can you cook an omelette in stainless steel pans? If so, what do i need to do? I've got a tendency to have omelettes that stick to my pan and don't want to ruin my new pans!
2) Do you always need to add oil or fat to the pans? if not, when would you not add it?
3) Can i deglaze with water after cooking as a way to clean them or is that always done just for sauces? (You just add a few drops of water to the pan when it's still hot and stir right?)
4) How would I know if i've ruined/burned the pan? lol (I've never used stainless steel pans before - they're so pretty I wnat to take good care of them!!)
5) Any "no-no's" I should know about?
thanks everyone for your help! All my friends and family think i'm a good cook and have all the answers but i know better... i'm such a newbie!
Updated 1 year ago | 10
Updated 8 months ago | 20
Updated 4 months ago | 72
Updated 2 months ago | 2
Updated 2 years ago | 6