I'm excited that CdM falls on a Saturday this year as that means I can plan a special meal cooking from my Mexican cookbooks. I'm going to plan my menu this weekend and wondered if anyone else is doing the same? I'm hoping so!! If so, would you consider posting here too?
I'll post the dishes I'm considering here along w my final dishes.
I'd also love to hear what Mexican books you have on your shelf. According to EYB, I have 23 Mexican books on my shelf and I'll paste the list here in case anyone has suggestions for dishes from these books.
• Truly Mexican by Roberto Santibañez and J. J. Goode
• Rosa's New Mexican Table by Roberto Santibañez
• Fiesta at Rick's: Fabulous Food, Luscious Libations, Great Times with Friends by Rick Bayless and Deann Groen Bayless
• Salsas That Cook: Using Classic Salsas to Enliven Our Favorite Dishes by Rick Bayless and Deann Groen Bayless and Jean Marie Brownson
• Authentic Mexican, 20th Anniversary Edition: Regional Cooking from the Heart of Mexico by Rick Bayless
• The Essential Cuisines of Mexico: Revised and updated by Diana Kennedy
• Mexican Everyday: Easy, Full-Flavored, Tradition-Packed by Rick Bayless and Deann Groen Bayless
• Rick Bayless's Mexican Kitchen: Capturing the Vibrant flavors of a World-Class Cuisine by Rick Bayless
• Mesa Mexicana: Bold Flavors from the Border, Coastal Mexico, and Beyond by Susan Feniger and Mary Sue Milliken
• Mexico One Plate At A Time by Rick Bayless
• The ¡Salpicon! Cookbook: Contemporary Mexican Cuisine by Priscila Satkoff and Vincent Satkoff
• Mexican: Williams-Sonoma Collection by Marilyn Tausend
• The Chevys and Rio Bravo Fresh Mex Cookbook by Ten Speed Press
• Mexican Cooking Class by Patricia Lake and Sharon Lee Barkhurst
• Nuevo Tex-Mex by Robb Walsh and David Garrido
• La Tradicional Cocina Mexicana Y Sus Mejores Recetas (The Traditional Mexican Cuisine) by Adela Fernandez
• Mexican Light: Exciting, Healthy Dishes From The Border And Beyond by Martha Rose Shulman
• Contemporary Mexican Cooking: Famous chef's recipes for the world's greatest Mexican specialties by Anne Lindsay Greer and Anne McCann
• The Best of Gourmet 1995: Featuring the Flavors of Mexico by Gourmet Magazine Editors
• Easy Mexican Style Cookery
• Mexican Cook Book by Sunset Books
• Mexican Cookery by Barbara Hansen
•Treasury of Mexican Cuisine:Original Recipes from the Chefs of the Camino Real Hotels, Mexico: Original Recipes from the Chefs of the Camino Real Hotels, Mexico by Sara Sloan and Hoteles Camino Real
Also, for further inspiration, I'll paste links to past COTM's from Mexican cookbooks from:
and Diana Kennedy:
Will you cook with me?