A couple weeks ago, we introduced pagination for longer Chowhound threads, adding a new profile setting for members to maintain a single-page view where previously read comments are collapsed on subsequent visits to the post.
We’ve listened to all of your feedback and we’ve been working on a few improvements, being launched today. You'll see the following changes go live shortly.
- We’ve fixed the issues you’ve seen in clicking on Chowhound links from Google and other external sites. Going forward, these clicks will bring you to the See All page if you’ve turned it on as the default view in your settings.
- On individual pages, we’ve added pagination controls at the top of the page to allow you to navigate to other pages or jump to the See All page.
- We’ve improved the design of the pagination controls to make it clear which page you are viewing. The page you're viewing will always be highlighted in blue, including the See All button when you are viewing the See All page. Mousing over any other option will highlight it in blue to let you know it is available to click.
Full instructions for turning on the “See All” default option are as follows:
1. Mouse over your user avatar
2. Click "Settings"
3. On the Settings page, select "Chowhound"
4. Select the checkbox for "Collapse Previously Read Comments (also defaults to "See All" page)"
5. Click Submit
1. Press the red menu icon at the top left of the top navigation
2. Press the settings icon
3. Select the grey bar to trigger the dropdown of menu options
4. Press the "Chowhound" menu
5. Press the setting for "Collapse Previously Read Comments (also defaults to "See All" page)"
6. Press submit
If you find that you are not yet defaulting to the "See All" page, please log out and log back in or clear your browser cache and cookies. If you have any further issues, please visit the Site Talk board to report to us.