I need to buy a new stove. Gas is not an option : (
Here are a few random thoughts/concerns I have:
- The floor in the kitchen is not even close to being level. The stove itself has been leveled, but the challenge is the electric coils are not level and notoriously “springy". I’ve dealt with this issue in the past. No matter the stove, the coils just do not sit level. Sure, they can manipulated with aluminum foil, but each coil seems to have a personality of its own. Of course, there’s a need to occasionally clean the stove, so the foils must be removed and I then have level the coils again. It’s a real pain and I’m tired of oil, eggs for omelettes and whatever else pooling to one side of the pan.
- I’m contemplating buying a glass/ ceramic stovetop, but have never used one before. It’s an attractive option since it would be easier to clean and I wouldn’t have to worry about leveling the stove itself and adjusting each individual coil.
- What is your experience cooking with these types of stovetops?
- How do they perform with cast iron (enameled and regular)?
- Is there anything I need to know before purchasing one? You know, the kinds of things a person wouldn’t think of until well after making the purchase?
Anyway, you get the idea. It would be nice to cook on a stove that’s actual level and I think buying one that removes the issues of the coils would be a good choice. Your thoughts?