Whether you get super excited about spring cleaning or the very thought makes you want to go back into hibernation, a good deep clean and some easy home projects like organizing your closet or creating a coffee nook are incredibly satisfying—and necessary every once in a while. You’re probably spending even more time at home these days anyway thanks to social distancing, so you may as well make your space the most inviting it can be.
To help you out, here are all of our guides to cleaning and de-cluttering various areas of your home, plus our favorite mini projects for freshening up your place:
In the Kitchen
- 12 Pantry Photos That Will Make You Want to Organize Your Own – Plus practical tips on achieving what you see.
- The Ultimate Guide to Spring Cleaning Your Pantry – The nuts and bolts of what to stock, what to throw out if it’s been a while, and how to keep it all in order.
- How to Clean Your Dishwasher (Because It Gets Filthier Than You Would Think) – And you’re definitely not cleaning it often enough.
- 10 Fridge Organizing Photos to Inspire You – Cutting down on clutter makes it easier to see what you have before it’s too late to save those poor bell peppers and wilting herbs.
- The Best Way to Store Things in Your Freezer – Smart tips and game-changing hacks for keeping things neat in the freezer too.
- How to Deep Clean Your Entire Kitchen – Take a deep breath and follow this expert advice for getting even the grimiest spots in shape.
- How to Keep Your Junk Drawer in Order – It can still be a catch-all without causing you stress when you open it to hunt for something.
- How to Create a Coffee Station in Your Kitchen – If you must start the morning with a cup of joe, setting up a little coffee bar is a truly genius idea. (It works for tea too!)
- How to Create a Green Wall in Your Kitchen – Or anywhere else in your home, really, with expert tips from Hilton Carter, green thumb extraordinaire.
- How to Curate Your Cookbook Collection – We understand the urge to collect ALL the cookbooks, but there comes a point when you must pare down. Here are eight expert tips for doing it, and creative ways to save what you really love.
- 7 Open Kitchen Shelving Ideas – Taking your cabinet doors off can make a big difference.
- A Bedroom Makeover Is the Perfect Project – Low effort can yield major impact; here are four easy ways to transform your most sacred space.
- 10 Photos That Will Make You Want to Clean Your Closet – Sure, you can just shut the door on the mess, but actually keeping things organized is much better.
- 10 Photos That Will Inspire You to Tidy Up Your Bathroom – Including ways to make the dreaded under-the-sink space shine.
- Easy Ideas for Getting Your Patio Ready for Summer – If you’re lucky enough to have an outdoor area, here’s how to get it ready for your enjoyment all spring and summer long. (It’s not like you have anywhere else to go, right?)
- 8 Ways to Keep Clutter Under Control While Donation Centers Are Closed – Organization experts share their easy tips for keeping things neat in the meanwhile.
- 7 Places You’re Not Spring Cleaning But Really Should – Some areas are easy to overlook, but they get grungy too—here are seven spots you shouldn’t forget to scrub, and the best ways to make them sparkle.
Gear to Help
- 11 Products to Marie Kondo Your Kitchen – These practical items definitely spark joy for the way they keep clutter under control in the kitchen.
- Marie Kondo’s New Book Will Help You Tidy Your Workspace – Read an excerpt from “Joy at Work,” KonMari’s new book that will help you declutter everything, down to your network.
- 40 Ways to Organize Like The Home Edit – If you love this team’s style (hello, labels and lazy Susans!), these items will help you overhaul your home in keeping with that Instagram-worthy look.
- 10 Organizing & Design Books to Spark Your Spring Cleaning Urge – When you’re ready for even more projects and ideas, these reads—from authors including The FlyLady and Joanna Gaines—are a great help. There’s even one for basically spring cleaning your life.
- Our Favorite Scrubbers and Sponges – The best tools for every job in your kitchen.
Header image courtesy of CreativaStudio / E+ / Getty Images