A sandwich-spread version of the jazzed-up mayonnaise from the Big Easy. Try it with shrimp, tuna, or in chicken salad.
What to buy: Creole (a.k.a. Cajun) mustard is a spicy, hot mustard made with horseradish. You can find it at gourmet grocery stores and specialty markets as well as at some grocers.
This recipe was featured as part of our Sandwich Spreads photo gallery.
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon drained coarsely chopped capers
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Creole mustard
- Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Place the mayonnaise, capers, shallot, parsley, lemon juice, Creole mustard, and a few drops of Worcestershire sauce in a small, nonreactive bowl and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
© Red Ventures. All Rights Reserved