Grilled Chicken Breasts with Easy Lemon Marinade
Adapted from Epicurious
Lemon juice and zest, red pepper flakes, extra-virgin olive oil, and cracked black pepper make a bright, flavorful marinade for grilled chicken breasts in this recipe adapted from Epicurious. Serve with rice pilaf or one of our easy zucchini recipes.
Game plan: The marinade tastes best when fresh. Use it within 2 hours of making it.
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Finely grated zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil, cilantro, dill, or oregano, or a combination
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied
1In a medium glass, ceramic, or stainless steel bowl, combine the lemon juice, red chile flakes, cracked pepper, and salt and whisk until the salt crystals are dissolved. Add the lemon zest, garlic, parsley, and herbs. Whisk in the olive oil. Set aside.
2Pat the chicken breasts with paper towels to dry and place in a large zipper-lock plastic bag.
3Add the marinade to the zipper-lock bag, seal, and shake to make sure the chicken is well coated. Place in a baking dish and refrigerate for 2 hours or as long as 4, turning the bag a few times.
4Preheat the grill to medium heat.
5Remove the chicken from the bag and arrange it on a well-oiled grill. Cook until a nice crust forms on both sides, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Let the chicken rest on a serving platter for 10 minutes before serving.
© Red Ventures. All Rights Reserved