Greek Potatoes and Chicken
Pay close attention to the seasonings. The combination of olives and feta cheese provides a tangy flavor, and if too much salt is added the end result could be overwhelming.
- 1 1/3 pounds (about 4 medium) potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 pound boned and skinned chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup pitted, coarsely chopped kalamata or ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano leaves or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
1Place potatoes in a shallow 1 1/2- to 2-quart microwave-safe baking dish. Cover dish with plastic wrap, venting one corner. Microwave with 650 watts for 8 to 10 minutes, or just until tender.
2Preheat a browning dish with 650 watts for 5 minutes, then add the oil and chicken. Heat with 650 watts for 3 minutes. Turn the chicken over and add the potato cubes. Cook for 2 minutes, toss the potatoes, then cook for another 2 minutes, or until potatoes are lightly browned.
3Mix in olives and oregano. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve.
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved