Giant Apple Pancake
I saw this recipe on Emeril. It is easy and delicious. I bring it to all pot lucks and dinner parties!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter , plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped, toasted pecans
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Powdered sugar, as an accompaniment
- Creme fraiche, as an accompaniment
- Maple syrup , as an accompaniment
- Vanilla Ice Cream, as an accompaniment
1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2In a large, ovenproof skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat. Add the apples, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and cook, stirring, until the apples are soft and just golden, about 7 minutes. Add the walnuts, and cook, stirring, until the apples are caramelized, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the remaining tablespoon of butter and stir to melt. Remove from the heat.
3In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, and baking powder, flour, and whisk just until blended, being careful not to over mix. Pour the batter over the apples. Bake until golden and puffed, 15 to 20 minutes.
4Remove from the oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Drizzle with creme fraiche and maple syrup and serve in the pan.
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved