This was a winning cocktail in the CHOW Cocktail Square Off, a cocktail recipe contest copresented with Square One® Organic Vodka and Om Organics.
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1 sprig lemon basil leaves (about 4 leaves)
- 3 teaspoons orange marmalade
- Agave nectar, to taste
- 2 ounces Square One® Organic Vodka
- 1 burnt orange zest, for garnish
- 1 slice lemon, for garnish
- 1 lemon basil branch with leaves removed (except top 2), for garnish
1Muddle lemon juice and basil, then add marmalade, agave nectar, and vodka. Add ice, shake, and fine-strain into a chilled collins glass. Garnish with lemon basil leaf at the bottom of the glass and add ice, arranging orange zest vertically and lemon slice horizontally in the glass for garnish. Double-strain contents of the shaker into a collins glass. Then add lemon basil branch for garnish.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved