- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick), at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Best Eggnog (see recipe intro)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- Pinch fine salt
1Place the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Stop the mixer and scrape down the beater and sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
2Turn the mixer to medium low, gradually add the powdered sugar, and beat until combined, about 2 minutes.
3Add the remaining ingredients and beat until the frosting is very airy and thoroughly mixed, about 2 minutes. Use immediately to frost cookies or cupcakes, or store covered in the refrigerator until ready to use.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved