- **While you are slicing, keep already peeled/slice potatoes in a bowl of water.
Peel and slice potatoes so that all all fries are about the same size, then place potatoes and vinegar into a large pot, adding 2 quarts water and a few shakes of salt. Bring to a boil and cook for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line two baking sheets with paper towels. Drain potatoes, place on one of the baking sheets lined with paper towels, and dry for at least 5 minutes.
- Heat 1-3 inches worth of oil in a large pot to 400F. Add 1/4 of the fries to oil and cook for 60-90 seconds. Once cooked, place on second paper towel-lined baking sheet. Repeat process with all remaining potatoes.
- Let potatoes cool down to room temperature, or about 30 minutes.
- Re-heat oil back up to 400F. Fry potatoes in batches for the second time until they are crisp and light brown in color, anywhere from 2-3 minutes. Drain on lined baking sheet and immediately season.
Serve immediately. Enjoy!