Adapted from Martha Stewart
In this light, healthy recipe adapted from Martha Stewart, fresh halibut fillets are brushed with a cilantro-ginger pesto and steamed.
This recipe is featured on our Summer of Clean Eating channel.
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 small jalapeño pepper
- 1 (1/2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 halibut fillets (about 1 1/2 pounds), skin removed
1Combine garlic, jalapeño pepper, ginger, lime juice, and cilantro in the jar of a blender. Cover blender, and remove the stopper. Turn on the blender, and slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Process until the mixture is bright green and smooth. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
2Season both sides of the fillets with salt and black pepper. Brush the top of each fillet with 1 tablespoon cilantro sauce.
3Fill a large, high-sided skillet with 1 inch of water. Bring to the boil over high heat.
4Place a steamer basket in the skillet, and arrange the fillets in basket. Cover, and steam until the fish is just cooked through but still moist, about 5 to 6 minutes.
5Remove the fish from steamer, drizzle with additional cilantro sauce, and serve.
© Red Ventures. All Rights Reserved