Brush of the Bush
Recipe given by Jbird NYC.
- For sage-infused agave nectar: 1/4 cup sage leaves 12 ounces amber agave nectar
- 1 1/2 ounces Herradura Anejo Tequila
- 1/2 ounce Illegal Mezcal Reposado
- 1/4 ounce sage-infused agave nectar
- 2 dashes Bittercube Cherry Bark Vanilla Bitters
- Orange twist
- Fresh sage leaf
11. Make the sage-infused agave nectar: preheat oven to 350°F. Place sage leaves on a baking sheet and heat in the oven for 6-8 minutes. In a nonreactive pan with a lid or glass jar, mix leaves into agave nectar. Cover and let stand 48 hours. Strain out leaves.
22. Fill a mixing glass with ice. Add tequila, mezcal, sage-infused agave nectar, and bitters. Stir until chilled. Add a tall ice cube to a rocks glass (or stack two square ones to nearly reach the top of the glass). Strain cocktail into glass. Express oil from orange twist over the drink and discard. Garnish with sage leaf (ideally, balance it at top of ice.)
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved