½ medium red and yellow bell pepper
¼ cup of cilantro, mint and basil leaves
1 small carrot, peeled and trimmed
or shrimp as an alternative
8 rice paper wrappers (small size)
¼ Mexican or Hawaiian papaya
6 oz store purchased baked tofu
1 cup Vic Cherikoff DownUnder
Barrier Reef Lemon, Lime and Chili Sauce
11. Julienne all vegetables finely, cut papaya & tofu into ¼ inch thick sticks.
12. Pick herbs off stems, wash.
23. Toss vegetable batons, fruit, tofu and herbs together so they are well mixed.
34. Fill metal mix bowl with warm water (just beyond tepid). Top with warm water as needed to maintain temperature. Wrap your work area with a sheet of plastic wrap.
45. Dip one rice paper at a time (about 15 sec - onds ea.) and lay on plastic wrap. Place about ¼ cup of the fruit/vegetable mix on the bottom third of the rice paper. Fold up the bottom to enclose the vegetables, then fold over the sides and roll until it is completely wrapped. Store on clean plate. Repeat process.
56. Cut on bias in half to showcase the fresh vegetables. Pile on a chilled platter and serve with a small bowl of Vic Cherikoff DownUnder Barrier Reef Lemon, Lime and Chili Sauce for dipping.
The holidays mean it's time for bubbly. Let Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) educator Vanessa Price teach you how to open a bottle properly and safely: without hurting somebody, or ruining that spark.