Since Venice receives so much traffic on this board, I thought I would notify my fellow chowhounds that the November issue (wine issue) of Food & Wine magazine carries a piece on the current Venice dining scene. While I have not committed the piece to memory, yet, I few choice morsels include:
- Avogaria: This restraurant which has already been identified by fellow chowhounds is featured as one of the new restaurants to watch.
- Although the name escapes me, the owners of Da Fiore have opened a pizza place (only open from April to October) that serves pizza with a variety of interesting toppings.
- The piece also profiles a new sushi restaurant that draws upon the locally available species of aquatic life.
- De Pisis: This is the restaurant in the Bauer. The new chef is ex-La Terrazza in Rome and Enotecha Pinchiorri in Florence and its Tokyo outpost. A brief visit to the Bauer's website reveals a cuisine that is more pan-mediterrian than ventetian. Nevertheless, I'm interested to know if anyone has dined there.
- The young chef from Al Covo has departed and started his own restaurant.
There's more, however, I'll leave to others to fill in the gaps and providse color to the items mentioned above.