Summary: Oh, how I wanted to love this restaurant. Hubert Keller was so charming on Top Chef Masters, and he's from Alsace...a region I've loved to go to for vacation. But the service was maddening, and the food just wasn’t up to the level of other great chefs. They lost their Michelin star, and we believe that was the correct call. Wine matches were ok, but nothing revelatory. If for some reason you DO decide to go, make sure to pick up a discounted $50 certificate at Restaurant.com!
* Nice pretzel bread which would have been a lot nicer had they taken a few minutes to serve it WARM!
* The butter wasn’t served at room temperature—it was too cold, so we couldn’t spread it. Seriously, at a restaurant of THIS caliber?
* The bread guy came once and was never to be seen again. When we finally asked, it still took him a good five minutes before he appeared.
* In addition to the tasting menu, we ordered a side of truffled mac and cheese. We asked about it when the final savory course arrived. We finished that course, and there was still no sign of it. At this point, we were saying, “We will never doubt Chowhound again” repeatedly. (They did give each of us a full pour of a white Burgundy to make up for it….but served it way too cold.)
* Green Apple Martini – I can’t imagine how this could possibly be better. Perfect apple flavor
* Amuse bouche – warm potato salad with tempura cod & flavored crème fraiche – absolutely a perfect bite
* Truffled mac and cheese was excellent.
* Tuna tartare over fennel slaw – very fresh tasting salad
* Truffled onion soup – underseasoned and undertruffled.
* Chorizo wrapped sea bass – chorizo and fish were a little tough. Maybe overcooked? Spanish onions and side of farro (?) were excellent.
* Braised short ribs still had decent-sized pieces of fat on them—shouldn’t all that solid fat be rendered off during the braising process? Mashed potato on side was ridiculously good.
* Carrot spice cake with cream cheese ice cream in middle and pineapple carrot ice cream on side - pineapple carrot ice cream didn't really work. Cake was very moist, but somehow had a flavor of staleness, though I really don't think it was stale.
* Grand Marnier souffle - standard, a little more eggy than usual. Elderflower ice cream on side had no discernable flavor beyond vanilla.
Fleur de Lys - Las Vegas
3950 Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89119