I was recently relocated to a new coastal town in Kenya, and yesterday when I went to the movies, I was amazed at the variety of items available at the concession stand, and at the price as well (drawback is we don't have the latest movies - Angels and demons just came out last week for us).
Here in Mombasa:
1) Chaat - a whole range of Indian chaat favourites - bhel, bhel puri, dahi puri, samosas, vada, sev puri etc
2) Coffee and cake - a full range of hot chocolates and frou frou coffees plus a selection of pastries and cakes including browinies, mousse, devils food cake, black forest gateau, eclairs, viennese biscuits and chocolate croissants
3) Sundae bar - make your own ice cream sundae with a choice of mixed toppings - 20 different ice cream flavours all home-made by the Italian who runs it
4) Magic corn - Standard buttered sweet corn with additional flavours on request
5) Popcorn - in addition to the usual sweet and salted, we get spiced masala which is sprinkled with a dry mix of chilli powder, turmeric and ground coriander and cumin
Average prices run from 50 cents to 2 dollars for the various items, and a movie ticket is from 3 dollars to 7 dollars depending on the day
They also have hot dogs (no pork as it is a primarily muslim town), nachos and the usual range of chocolates and ready made ice creams
So do you get unique concession items at your theatre? Price?
Updated 1 year ago | 13
Updated 1 month ago | 10
Updated 1 month ago | 16
Updated 1 month ago | 77
Updated 1 month ago | 33