From the University of California Statewide Integrated Pest Management Program ---
" . . . What can you do if you see a wild turkey in your neighborhood?
• Do not feed the turkeys. Many people don't know this, but it is actually illegal in California to feed wildlife according to this section of the California Code of Regulations.
• Remove bird feeders that might be attracting them.
• Install motion-detecting sprinklers to deter turkeys from foraging in your yard.
• Open an umbrella or wave a walking stick in front of you if confronted by an aggressive or persistent wild turkey.
• Proceed slowly when driving if you encounter a wild turkey in the roadway. . ."
Invite a friend to chime in on this discussion.Email a Friend
by Amy Schulman | Baking cookies is one thing, but decorating is a whole other story. Sure, you can whip up a batch...
by Vanessa Simmons | Walking into a room full of festively dressed total strangers who will all stare at you and judge...
by Colleen Rush | If previous attempts at holiday baking have been a bit of a disaster—your Christmas cookies crumbled...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.