From the University of California Statewide Integrated Pest Management Program ---
" . . . What can you do if you see a wild turkey in your neighborhood?
• Do not feed the turkeys. Many people don't know this, but it is actually illegal in California to feed wildlife according to this section of the California Code of Regulations.
• Remove bird feeders that might be attracting them.
• Install motion-detecting sprinklers to deter turkeys from foraging in your yard.
• Open an umbrella or wave a walking stick in front of you if confronted by an aggressive or persistent wild turkey.
• Proceed slowly when driving if you encounter a wild turkey in the roadway. . ."
Invite a friend to chime in on this discussion.Email a Friend
by Toniann Pasqueralle | Banana bread may very well be one of the greatest and most versatile gifts ever to be bestowed upon...
by Jen Wheeler | Is there anything more perfect than a steamy bowl of soup to fortify you on a bone-chilling winter...
by Patty Lee | The pastry case at a French bakery can hold a dizzying array of baked goods. There are breads, cakes...