- Owen's Turkey Farm on Central Avenue in Needham has terrific homemade cranberry orange relish and quite decent cole slaw.
- The Walnut Street Market on Lincoln Street in Newton Highlands carries St. Viateur Bagels from Montreal and absolutely divine homemade whitefish salad.
- Marty's Liquors on Washington Street carries terrific Steno brand minature biscotti in their excellent gourmet food section, as well as an unusually large selection of bottled waters including such ratre brands as Fonteviva, Saint-Geron, Badoit, Acqua Panna, and Voss, in addition to more standard types such as Perrier, Evian and Fiji. They also carry Fee Brothers West Indian Orange bitters.
- Jin Mi Oriental Foods in Newtonville has a nice selection of homemade frozen Chinese food, such as scallion pancakes.
- Gordon & Alperin on Commonwealth Avenue is an excellent kosher butcher who can produce terrific flank steaks.
- The Waban Market on Windsor Road has some neat things, especially excellent vanilla wafers, sour cherry nectar in paper cartons, and Russian chocolate candies in foil wrappers.
Please add more!