Chowhound Presents: Table Talk with Dorie Greenspan of Everyday Dorie Ask Your Questions Now

Follow us:

Home Cooking 9

Torte? Petit fours? What word am I looking for?

WhatThePho | Dec 19, 201010:36 AM

I am trying to search the boards and the web for a recipe, but I don't really know what the name of the dish is, maybe you guys can help.

I received a silicone pan for Christmas with three long skinny reservoirs, like 2" x 2" x 8" or so. I don't know what its intended use is, it's not labeled in any way. But the dessert I'm thinking of is that size and shape, layers of white or chocolate cake with filling--almond, lemon, buttercream, cherry and chocolate are the ones I remember having--in between layers, and there was a hard chocolate or "almond bark" shell on the outside. We used to get these around Christmas when I was a kid, I'm pretty sure they came from a food catalog.

I know I could wing it, but I'm looking for inspiration, maybe some pictures. I'm sure there are some awesome ones out there if I could just figure out what to search for! Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Want to stay up to date with this post? Sign Up Now ›
Log In or Sign Up to comment

Recommended from Chowhound