Great new board! Lots of info about inexpensive and ethnic food - highlights what a great city Toronto is for both.
Compared to eg. the Manhattan chowhound board though, there's not much yet on Toronto's pricier, sit down, fine dining. Let's discuss our favourites and let the rest of the world know this is also a fabulous city for world class chefs. I'll start with a few of my favourites:
1. North 44/Bymark - uptown Yonge & Eglinton or downtown King St. options from Mark McEwan never disappoint with thoughtful food and soothing decor.
2. Xacutti - College street tiny & trendy but with interesting fusion food
3. Canoe - haven't been recently but the food at least used to live up to the view from this downtown skyscraper
4. The Fifth - interesting French in the penthouse of an entertainment district warehouse (with one of the prettiest patios in the city)
5. Susur - arguably Toronto's most expensive restaurant and definitely for relaxed "occasion" dining, but fascinating food combinations with great attention to detail.
What other suggestions to try/to avoid can other 'hounds provide?