(notice how I avoid mis-posting because I did not use 'The Best')
My wife and I are being called up on to provide some rest aurant suggestions for an 'older' couple coming to NYC and who are willing to investigate the culinary casino that is Brooklyn. They have heard about Smith Street and the Wililamsburg scene.
Personally i applaud thier enthusiasm and want to provide some suggestions, but I look to you to back me up or enlighten me. It seems that many of the top tier places have been second guessed in the last year or so. So here goes:
- Peter Lugers (class by itself I know, and I will most definitley reccomend)
Others (no order)
- Blue Ribbon
- Patois (do I dare?)
- Henrys End
- Al Di La (the 'no reservations' is a killer I think)
- Cucina (I have never been)
- River Cafe (doesnt' this place have a Tavern on the green curse? great space, bland food?)
- 360 (given the 'service' at this place, it might not be for them, but I could warn them, at least they take res.)
thats it - I am tapped, what other places are there to suggest?