Niki's Top Five in '05:
1) Lee Hou (Clement & 5th.) - garlic and green onion crab, a la carte dim sum (har gow), supreme broth.
2) Panchita's #2(16th. & Valencia) - chicharron con queso pupusas. Salvadoreno tamales.
3) Toto's Pizza - El Camino, Burlingame(?)- Closest to NY style pizza. Their take-out bolognese sauce ($5/quart) for home cooking - more a solid than a liquid.
4) A16 - (west end of Chestnut st.) - Burrata, Burrata, Burrata! (actually, best impromptu open-faced sandwich: their chewy bread, that divine prosciutto, the burrata mozz., a bit of the $2 arugula side, drizzled with their fruity olive oil).
5) Valencia Pizza & Pasta (corner of 19th.) - Lamb shanks, and much, much more.
HAPPY NEW YEAR, BAY AREA CHOWHOUNDS!!!