I thought it would be great to carry forward the Top-5 Cooking Goals for 2010 which originated from the 2009 thread http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/582493 . In 2009, my cooking interest sparked from eating healthier, buying organic and regional foods, and embracing home cooking over processed foods. Now that I have a pretty well stocked kitchen I need to find ways to use it. So my 2010 goals are too...
1. Learn to make basic sauces
2. Get good at bread making (wholewheat, sourdough, pizza)
3. Learn more about complimentary spices and seasoning methods
4. Be able to master five different recipes for each protein: chicken, beef, seafood
5. Incorporate recipes from other cultures (India, Chinese, Mediterranean) especially those that are vegetarian based.
I hope by the end of 2010, I can create my own personal cookbook of staple recipes.
So, your turn to share what cooking you accomplished in 2009. What cooking goals do you want to accomplish in 2010?