Hello all, Buttertart from NYC here.
We will be in London at the end of June for a university conference - have been to many other cities worldwide but never London...
Have been looking at guidebooks and haunting this board, but must say London seems more daunting in size and number of restaurants than anywhere previously visited (including Shanghai, where we know our way around a bit).
Will be staying in Bloomsbury and the conference is in the East End but more than willing to travel for food.
Would be most grateful if you could bear one more such request and we could be pointed in the right direction, particularly for the following:
1. prix-fixe lunch at a swish place, anniversary celebration
2. best high-end Chinese, any cuisine
3. best low-end Chinese, ditto
4. best Indian, if possible Bengali (sis-in-law from Kolkata, love the food)
5. best gastropub/new British
6. best other Asian (Cambodian? Lao? Thai?)
7. any under-the-radar gems
Price is not exactly no object, but we are of course aware that London is more expensive than NY and are willing to spend.
Many many thanks in advance.
by David Watsky | It's summer backyard BBQ season and for some lighter fare, you might be wondering about the best fish...
by Caitlin M. O'Shaughnessy and Jen Wheeler | We poked, prodded, and sniffed our way through the virtual produce section of the internet to pick...