I'm staying near Collins & 50th, and have a car.
Searching for two cheap or moderate and one slightly expensive place that fit these criteria:
1. On the water, pretty view, or great "Miami atmosphere"
2. Seafood or fish are most important. Otherwise any place that's especially good. Love Asian.
I usually go to
1) Joe's Stone (great food, hate the subway car atmosphere so I go at 2pm for the sake of the great food),
2) the sushi place at the Delano,
3) Smith & Wollensky's at the south end of the island just for lack of a better idea for a great view with a quality meal.
I'm still looking for a charming place on the water, preferably not expensive, or a great people watching place where the food's more terrific than trendy.