I'm in Manila and I was going to make yeast-raised waffles, so I placed half a liter of buffalo milk in the microwave. It was pasteurized and homogenized, but a week old and teetering on the edge. The grassy flavor was coming through loud and clear, with just a hint of sourness.
It went into the microwave for 2 minutes on high. When I took it out, it had turned into one big curd! What the heck is it now? Yoghurt? Cheese? Rat poison?
There's this whey-like liquid forming around the curd. I have some cheesecloth. The temperature of the curd is around 97F right now, about 10 minutes out of the microwave. It looks and feels like soft tofu. What do I do with this surprise?