My parents and I will be in Flushing for dinner in a few weeks. I'm hoping that hounds can help me find a restaurant suitable for my parents.
1. The restaurant must be chinese and have real chairs (as opposed to backless stools).
2. It will be within a few blocks of the subway/LIRR stop. Last year, we went to Hunan Kitchen of Grand Sichuan. The food and atmosphere fit the bill, but the walk was too far for my father. And, it's out of the question to take a cab for that distance.
3. A few years ago, we went to Little Hot Pepper and that would have been perfect. Both in food and in walking distance.
4. I thought about Xi'an Famous Foods and it's new sister restaurant, Biang (or something like that). The sister restaurant won't work because I've read that they only have stools. Xi'an isn't ideal because we ate at the Manhattan one last year and would prefer not to repeat.
5. The restaurant doesn't have to have spicy foods (despite the listings above). I thought about Nan Xiang XLB but have only eaten there for breakfast. I'll probably have breakfast there that day as well, but can always eat more dumplings. How is there dinner menu?
Sorry for the fussiness. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.