For a mid-March visit, much obliged for any and all answers:
1) Can you still get tamales at that Mexican grocery on 301 at Oak St., I think it is? Do they still make them on Fridays? Other days?
2) Any other "chowhoundy" ethnic finds like that? (I've spent a fair amount of time in CA, TX, and the southwest, and these are the best tamales I've eaten outside of Mexico.)
3) Is there a fish market you'd recommend instead of Walt's? Not sure about relative prices but it's always been fine. Never really shopped around, it's just where my grandparents went in the 70s and 80s.
4) Are there any "don't-miss" restaurants you'd recommend? We live in New York City and end up eating out a lot, so in Sarasota we most enjoy cooking steaks and fish and fresh vegetables at home. But we always end up going out a couple of times, so we'd love some recommendations.
5) Any farmer's/produce market you'd recommend over the one downtown on Saturdays? Or for that matter Publix?
6) Wine shop you'd recommend over and above the one across from Morton's? (I can't remember the street name off the top of my head. Maybe Osprey?)