I lived in rochester for about 7-8 years and have not been there in 15 or so.. Im planning a trip to visit. I want to hit some of the old places i liked and that were unique to the area. So far my list is pretty full but always room for more ideas.
1) Dibella's subs- already have a lunch planned here. Love the place. Was a 1 location hole in the wall across from south town when i was there, i hear its a big fancy chain now.
2) Country Sweet- Very Rochester. Crave the things still.
3) ChesterCab Pizza - Love their stuffed pies. Nothing like that around here.
4) Hot Buffalo wings- maybe just some pontillos or jerimiahs or something.
5) Dinosaur bbq - wasnt there when i was in town but i have been in Syracuse and loved it.
6) Beale st?? Is this place any good? Wasnt around when i was living there.
7) Nick Tahoes if i can get the stomach to handle it! Would love to show my gf this 1st hand.
8) Something asian. When i was in town we used to like Bankok downtown for really spicy thai, Shanghai for dimsum/chinese, mammasans for vietnamese, Kims asia on gregory is this still around? Was a pit back then but great food.
9) Highland diner