Just went to MJ's Steakhouse at the Mohegan Sun casino complex. Some random comments:
1. The restaurant setting is somewhat odd - the lighting and bar area are very upscale, but the tables are IKEA! Very weird.
2. Typical a la carte steak menu. While the sides are expensive ($5 +), they are worth it. In particular check out Jaunita's Mac and Cheese (so rich!) and the lobster mashed potato's, which are a cliche at this point but done well here.
3. The steaks themselves are tremendous! Had the New York Strip, and it arrived exactly as requested, piping hot with a great crust on the top! My friends had the Swordfish steak and raved about it also.
4. Service is good, but be careful on the upsale: they aggressively try to push the expensive appetizers right off the bat. The garlic bread with gorganzola fondue is quite good, but don't get suckered into the seafood platter, which is $55 and doesn't seem worth it (the table next to us had it.)
5. BTW, Mohegan just renovated, and the restaurants are fairly good now (especially for the middle of nowhere in CT!). Jasper White has a place there, as does Todd English. However, the BBQ place (HUb something I think) looks like the best of the bunch. I had a small riblet thing there and it rocked!!
Overall, I give MJ's a thumbs up, but watch the upsell!