toronto hound here. i'm coming to boston for four nights in june for a conference. i'll be staying at the sheraton boston and the conference is at the hynes convention center.
i was wondering if folks could provide me with some restaurants/food stores in that area.
here are my constraints:
1. i have a $65 daily meal budget - breakfast = $10, lunch = $20, dinner = $35 (including gratiuties). i could blow all $65 on dinner ... but then i'd be really hungry! that said, i'd be willing to shell out some of my own $$ for a truly awesome meal.
2. i'll be four months pregnant at the time of this trip ... so i'd like to keep the options close by, if possible. normally, i'd be willing to venture far and wide for great food, but for this trip, i think i'd better keep my options closer to home.
3. i'll eat pretty much anything ... except, being preggers, i've got some limitations. for example, as much as i'd love to gorge myself on lobster for four nights in a row, i think my OB might disapprove! so, while seafood places would be much appreciated, i'd also like other options. for some reason, huge chunks of steak/chicken are not appealing to me right now ... but i'm hoping this will pass by the time i'm in boston!
4. in addition to restaurants, i'm wondering if folks can provide some nearby grocery stores/convenience stores? i'll need to stock up on water, snacks, fruit, etc. i've requested a fridge in my room at the hotel.
5. i checked with the conference and it doesn't seem that breakfast/lunch/dinner are included in the conference price ... so i'd appreciate recos for all three meals. i'm not a coffee-and-a-muffin-type of breakfast eater ... i'd prefer a more substantial breakfast (yogurt, fruit, cereal, eggs, etc.). for lunch, i'm not averse to soup/sandwich places. and for dinner, anything goes.
6. i'll be dining solo for most (if not all) of these meals ... i don't care if i eat in a restaurant alone, but i would also not be averse to any restaurant where i could get take out and head back to the hotel either.
i think that's it ... thanks very much! i really appreciate the help!