First of all, I apologize for another similar topic from someone looking for restaurant recs. that said, I have lurked around here enough to know I need to provide some background first;
- Who: My wife (34) and I (37), both from a small blue color Eastern Canadian town of around 100k.
- When: Arrive Tuesday Feb 12th to Saturday the 16th. First 2 nights we are staying at the Hampton Inn in SoHo, the last 2 nights at the Hilton Garden Inn on 35th between 5th and 6th Ave.
- Budget: We both love food and this is one of the prime reasons for coming to NYC. We are willing to pay $100+ fir a dinner (multiple nights) before tax, tip and drinks.
- Likes: We love all types of food though my wife is not a huge fan of sushi. Honestly, we love Chinese, Indian, Thai, Burgers, Street Food, Italian (American and Traditional regional Italian), etc, etc.
- Manhattan vs. Traveling to the Burroughs: we are willing to travel any where a subway can take us. That said, if we are going to Queens or Brooklyn, would prefer to hit a few spots and not just take a 30 minute ride for the best Pizza then come right back.
- Other interests: I am a huge classic film lover (60 to 90s especially including foreign and indies). Also big music geek and collect vinyl.
- Must dos or places to visit: we never made it to Chinatown on our last visit so we would like some good Chinese especially dumplings and/dim sum. We are going to hit up Momofuko Noodle Bar. Would like some good pizza. Going to Crif Dog, Big Gay Ice Cream and Porchetta again in the East Village. Also, I know it is a tourist trap but we loved Eataly more then Babbo (that is another thread). We really like the Ace Hotel /Stumptown. Oh yeah, Tapas would be good too. Some healthy breakfast and lumch options would be good. Also, our preference is to sit at a bar vs. at a table.
- Places we want to avoid: Times Square. Places so loud you cannot talk BUT we do like fun atmospheres with good music (think sitting at the bar at Noodle Bar). Also, we do not need seafood suggestions as coming from a port city, we are good there.
Hmm, I think I covered it all. Anyway, thanks to all in advance for any suggestions!
Updated 11 months ago | 12
Updated 2 years ago | 10
Updated 1 year ago | 21
Updated 1 year ago | 16
Updated 1 year ago | 8