I am making a salmon rice dish and suddenly remembered a restaurant photos of a grilled salmon + rice + maybe scallions and it being one of his signature dishes. It was a couple years back and I can't find it in my bookmarks. Could any of the experts on here help? Important clues as best as I recall:
- Restaurant was introduction only, very expensive kaiseki-type cooking.
- chef has no Michelin stars (maybe declined them?)
- apparently all of his cooking is superlative leaving many chefs deeply impressed
- the food looks very distinct, some dishes look home-cooked but incredibly delicious at the same time
- one course was rice topped with salmon flakes
- maybe in or around Kyoto or Tokyo?
I remember a series of photos by a blogger, or possibly on Tabelog.