I'd really appreciate your ideas for tomorrow night, Tuesday 1/8. I'm clearly late in planning this, so help me punt and come up with something good!
Here's what I'm working with:
- I'm visiting NYC for work and am meeting up with my parents (also visiting, flying from JFK on Wednesday) and my cousin.
- We'd like to do dinner together, knowing that everyone has big days on Wednesday, so we need to keep it early.
- We're staying in Chinatown (Henry St), but I know my parents do not want Chinese food.
- Without your stellar advice, my inclination would be to go to Marc Forgione or Locanda Verde, but I can't get reservations until 9pm -- too late for this crew.
- Although that kind of rules them out (I think - do you think we'd have luck with either walking in?), those are two places that appeal in terms of food, atmosphere, and price. I say that based on having gone to MF and reading about Locanda Verde.
- We'd like to keep to a contiguous-ish neighborhood, to keep it walkable.
Any thoughts? I'd really like to enjoy a nice meal together - if I don't have something planned, I know my mom and she'd just suggest grabbing some things from a deli or grocery and I can't do that with so many good options close by. Ideas welcome and appreciated!