This dessert is incredibly rich & decadent - a little sliver is very satisfying!
As with all my baked goods recipes, this is gluten-free. Feel free to replace the GF oats with regular rolled oats, and the GF flour with your preferred variety of wheat or spelt flour.
GHG’S DARK CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY TART
1 cup GF rolled oats
½ cup GF flour [oat, mesquite or tapioca]
2 tablespoons oil or softened butter
¼ cup agave or 1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Filling & Topping
32 ounces cranberries
½ cup agave nectar or ¾ - 1 cup sugar
½ cup fat-free evaporated milk
½ cup agave or ¾ - 1 cup brown sugar
12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, broken into pieces
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Coat a 9-inch baking pan or Springform with cooking spray. Combine crust ingredients and pat them onto bottom of prepared baking pan.
3. Bake crust for 10 minutes, remove from oven, and cool in pan.
4. Combine cranberries and sweetener in a large saucepan, and cook over medium-high heat until cranberries have popped –approx. 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
5. Combine evaporated milk and sweetener in a saucepan, bring to a simmer, and cook, stirring frequently, until liquid is reduced by half. Don’t let it burn!
6. Remove pan from heat, add chocolate, and swirl or stir until completely melted [you can put the pan back over a low flame if necessary]. Stir in the vanilla and salt, and remove from heat.
7. Pour half the chocolate mixture over the prepared crust, and spoon half the cranberries over the chocolate, distributing evenly. Pour the remaining chocolate over the cranberries, smoothing to cover if necessary.
8. Bake until chocolate has slightly set and crust is golden, 15-20 minutes.
8. Top with remaining cranberry mixture.
9. Cool completely on rack.
Updated 6 months ago | 15
Updated 1 year ago | 5
Updated 12 months ago | 2
Updated 3 months ago | 3
Updated 4 months ago | 4