Raised centers in cookware


Cookware 13

Raised centers in cookware

dennis7490 | Jun 24, 2014 03:52 PM

I am curious. I bought an All Clad frying pan last fall at Sur Le Table. there is a dimple in the center, which i understand is how they make them. but after using the pan for a while i finally got so pissed at cooking in the middle of a mote I put in the garage, where it is collecting dust.
Today I bought a sur Le Table 5 qt. Braiser on sale for $70. Brought it home and realized that the entire center is raised. Since it is unused i will return it.
But what is with all this raised center stuff? I want a FLAT surface at the bottom of my pan. I don't want to have to cook in the middle of a mote. Mauvel's pans are stainless lined and they are flat. All my other enameled cast iron braisers are flat. What's the deal?

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound